Tim Bowness - Stupid Things That Mean The World (double cd)
A year on from the release of the acclaimed Abandoned Dancehall Dreams album, Tim Bowness returns with the powerful and eclectic Stupid Things That Mean The World.
Produced by Bowness and mixed by The Pineapple Thief's Bruce Soord (who also adds some choice guitar parts), the album features a core group of Bowness along with members of the No-Man live band (Stephen Bennett, Michael Bearpark and Andrew Booker) plus Colin Edwin (Porcupine Tree), augmented by contributions from Peter Hammill, Phil Manzanera, Pat Mastelotto, Anna Phoebe, David Rhodes and Rhys Marsh.
As on Abandoned Dancehall Dreams, Classical composer Andrew Keeling, best known for his work with The Hilliard Ensemble and Robert Fripp, provides striking string arrangements. The album was mastered by The Pineapple Thief's Steve Kitch.
The artwork was once again provided by I Monster's Jarrod Gosling.
Double CD Mediabook edition featuring a companion disc of alternate mixes and demos (including an unreleased No-Man Demo from 1994).
All Burning Shed orders come with an exclusive postcard (while stocks last).
An album of quite outstanding brilliance. Sublime. - Echoes And Dust
Loaded with longing and bursting with violin flourishes, itís classically Bownessian. - Prog
So few of Tim Bownessís peers show the same level of artistic integrity and fearlessness. - PopMatters
I was afraid that two albums in two years was going to be quantity over quality, but I like Stupid Things more than Abandoned Dancehall Dreams. It has more direction, better instrumentals, and just something about it that brings me closer. - Prog Mind
The most ambitious release to date from Tim Bowness. - Music Shack
Understated, underrated and very English. - Louder Than war
Immediate, engaging, and deeply moving. - Progarchy
1. The Great Electric Teenage Dream 3.58
2. Sing To Me 5.46
3. Where You've Always Been 4.07
4. Stupid Things That Mean The World 3.05
5. Know That You Were Loved 6.44
6. Press Reset 3.54
7. All These Escapes 3.06
8. Everything You're Not 3.40
9. Everything But You 1.12
10. Soft William 1.40
11. At The End Of The Holiday 4.58
CD 2 - Stupid Things That Meant The World
1. Stupid Things That Mean The World (Nick Magnus mix) 3.09
2. Best Boy Electric (Sing To Me) (1994 No-Man demo) (Steven Wilson mix) 1.58
3. Know That You Were Loved (David Rhodes 'electric version') (Stephen Bennett mix) 6.29
4. I Still Miss You (Stupid Things That Mean The World, UXB 'Ambient' Mix) 6.13